Thursday 16 December 2010

T-Cake Gallery

As promised, here are some pictures of the cakes that i have made recently for T-Cake, the sister site of T-Cakery, i have been making cakes for over a year now and i am still learning, i hope you enjoy looking at them as much as i did making them.....and hopefully the customers did eating them!!!



This ‘Bedroom’ cake was made for my sister’s 21st birthday and actually cemented a full year of cake making for me. I wanted to make something special that you don’t really see that often and also something that was personal to her. So as my sister is renowned for not being the tidiest of people, i opted to recreate her bedroom, complete with dirty clothes & unwashed plates. I also included a model of her in the bed, with some of her favourite items. The sponge was a moist vanilla flavour filled with gooey chocolate fudge filling. I took my time adding all the little details, and even put the wooden grooves on the floor boards!!


This cake was made for a Christening and is one of my personal favourites out of all the cakes i have done. The sheer size of this creation was overwhelming, it’s hard to tell from the photo but the bottom layer was immensely big. Everything on this cake is made from fondant and the building blocks on the top spell out the baby’s name. The bottom tier is made from a rich chocolate sponge and filled with chocolate fudge and the top tier is moist vanilla sponge and strawberry jam.


This slight naughty cake was made for a 30th birthday. The customer specified to me the exact colour she required and i had fun making this Basque look more girly than the black and red one i did previously. I think the tassels on the front add a fun flirty feel to this cake. The sponge on this one was again vanilla, but filled with homemade butter cream and strawberry jam!!


This cake was made to match the invitations used for this birthday party. The customer’s showed me the actual cake they wanted to work from and together we picked elements to put together on this cake. Again the size of this cake was enormous, and it was really heavy. I actually weighed this cake and it was a stone in weigh!! By far the heaviest i have ever made. The sponge was vanilla, and this was filled with butter cream and jam!!

I have a cake ready and waiting in my kitchen for an order due on Saturday, this one is a Ben 10 cake - i love the look of it and cannot wait to show it on here!!!

Happy Baking
Toni - T - Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment