Sunday 31 October 2010

A Weekend of Baking - Saucy Cake


The other week I was asked to make a 21st birthday cake for a member of my extended family. The brief was a boob cake, but nothing too saucy as the older generation would be present. It was ironic that I had an order for two boob cakes on the same weekend.

As this cake would have a body on it and not just boobs like the Pink Friday cake, I used a one pint pyrex dish to shape the boobs on this cake, and then carved a body/waist out of a normal square sponge. I covered this with black and red fondant and added some eye popping details.


The yellow sponge recipe was once again featured in this cake, and it was deliciously filled with smooth strawberry jam and vanilla butter cream.


The cake went down a storm, and I was frequently asked for the details of who this cake was modeled on :o) – boys will be boys…..no matter what age!!

Happy Baking
Toni – T - Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment